My progress...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Let's talk...

...about Food. It's all around us. It sustains us. It entertains us. It tempts us. And many people have a problem with it. I am one of those people.

A recent trip to the grocery store...planning all the foods that I was going to pig out on...reminded me once again that I have a problem. I don't have a healthy relationship with food. I eat food out of boredom or to calm my stress or because it happens to be there. I don't eat like a "normal" person. I eat like someone with an addiction. And I don't want to be like that.

My old blog, "The Size of My Thighs," is here no longer. That blog was a self-deprecating look at life as an overweight woman trying to get a laugh. This blog is the nitty-gritty. You will hear about what I think about my eating habits. You will hear the good and the bad. You will hear me refer to my thighs as my "hamhocks." I am hoping they will get smaller.

I get married in about 13 1/2 months. I don't want to be a fat bride. Join me on this journey to a slimmer me...but don't be surprised if the ride is a bumpy one!

No comments: