My progress...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hello, endorphins!

I had a Moment in my car today on my way home from the gym that involved a big smile breaking out on my face as I said out loud, "Dude, I am DOING THIS!!!"  I used the elliptical for FORTY-FIVE minutes at this gym today, along with a five minute cooldown, logging over three miles distance on the thing and burning over 400 calories.  The rush I felt from this accomplishment was amazing.  I feel like I can take on the world today.  When I think back to about eight weeks ago, when I started exercising, and I think about the fact that I could not even complete the W1D1 workout of the C25K program, climbing off that elliptical after 45 minutes of fairly intense physical exertion makes me so proud.  I am doing this.  After being defeated by food and a sedentary lifestyle for the past 20 years, I am taking on this challenge, and I am ROCKING it!

I stopped at Wegmans this morning for some groceries and am pretty excited about what I got.  I grabbed some organic, grass-fed steaks to make for me and my husband for dinner tonight.  I also got some organic white potatoes and sweet potatoes to enjoy, both of which will be cut into chunks and roasted tonight for dinner, as well as some organic, free-range chicken thighs, which were only $4.99 per pound, much better than the $8.99 per pound they were charging for chicken breast.  Honestly, we like dark meat better, so I will continue to buy this.  I also explored the Nature's Marketplace section a little more to see what they had to offer.  I was excited to see some organic Feta, organic raw milk cheese, and other organic dairy products.  I also picked up a container of siggi's Icelandic style skyr strained non-fat yogurt.  This is similar, I guess, to Greek yogurt, in that it is non-fat, high in protein, and thicker than regular yogurt.  After giving this a try, I have to say that it will not be taking the place of Greek yogurt (Chobani is my favorite.) in my diet.  It was quite a bit more expensive, and it was also quite a bit thicker.  And it was a lot more sour.  One of the things I like about Chobani is that it is a fruit-at-the-bottom yogurt.  The siggi's didn't have actual fruit pieces in it, and I felt like that took away from it for me.  But it was great to try something new, and I might eat it once in a while when I want to mix things up a bit!

Anyway, just wanted to check in and share my excitement.  Make it a great day, everyone!

No comments: