My progress...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Could it be the light at the end of the tunnel?

First of all, although I am using my official Weight Watchers weight to update my ticker, I am still weighing myself at home and tracking my home weight (first thing in the morning, no clothes, as discussed previously) on FatSecret.com.  I share this because this morning, when I stepped on the scale, I weighed in at 224 pounds!  This means that I have officially lost FIFTY POUNDS (50.6, to be exact)!!!!!!!!  I have never successfully lost 50 pounds before, and it feels SO AMAZING!  I did a little bit of jumping up and down and fist pumping in the bathroom when I saw that number flash up on the scale!  My next goal is 200 pounds, in keeping with setting my goals in 25-pound increments.  This 50-pound weight loss took me roughly 13 months (1/4/10 to 2/8/11), so perhaps by next March, I will be able to celebrate reaching my goal weight!  Can't wait!

So. The weather.  That is the light at the end of the tunnel to which I am referring.  Our driveway right now is downright treacherous.  Thanks to the StabilICERS that I keep on the bottom of my boots, I have not been doing too badly, but my husband has been falling a lot, and we are both pretty frustrated.  I have actually been mostly homebound, thanks to a nasty sinus infection that kept me away from work for the weekend.  I have only been out of the house twice since last Wednesday, and one of those times was to go to the doctor to get some antibiotics.  Tonight, I am going to venture out to yoga because I am feeling almost back to normal, and looking at the weather forecast for the next two weeks, I am not seeing any snow called for, and I am seeing several days in a row of temperatures in the 40s, with a day supposed to reach 47 degrees and a day that includes rain and a high of 49 degrees!  I know that the week after that could bring more snow, as February weather is so, so fickle, but the several days of "warmer" temperatures give me some hope that perhaps some of the ice on the driveway will melt so that walking up and down it does not involve taking your life in your hands, as well as some distant hope that I might be able to drive back up the driveway before the month is over!  And we probably will need an oil delivery in March, so it would be a special bonus if the oil truck would be able to make it up the driveway because we really like heat and hot water in our house.

After several months of being in a dark, dark mood due to the weather (and after the last couple of weeks, which have been THE WORST), it is so nice to be able to think that perhaps there is some kind of end in sight.  It will take a long time for the snow to completely disappear, but it is amazing what the ability to drive up and down a person's driveway can do for her mood.

Make it a great day, everyone!

No comments: