My progress...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh, the weather...

This morning is once again my regular Weight Watchers weigh-in and meeting, and once again, I will not be there. The reason for this is the ice storm that we got in is area of the country yesterday. NOT. COOL. Our driveway, which is steep and long, is now ice-covered, and I am concerned that once I drive down it, I will not be able to drive back up again. Honestly, I don't even know how safely I could get down the driveway right now. I am scheduled to work tonight at the mall for a couple of hours, and I don't even know right now if that is a possibility. The temperatures today are supposed to be in the mid-30s, and it sounds kind of melt-y out there right now, but I am not holding out hope that we are going to have a big thaw today. I am SO DONE with winter right now! The icing on the cake was probably the moment when I stepped out the front door onto my three-step front stoop yesterday, slid on the ice, had my feet fly up in the air, and landed right on my butt, right on the edge of a step. Today, I have a sore bottom from that adventure! And that followed me somehow stepping in dog poop at some point of the morning when I took the dog out in the dark (before the snow changed to freezing rain and sleet). I was feeling pretty sad for myself yesterday!

I also have not been to the gym since last week, although most of that can be blamed on my four-in-a-row work schedule over the weekend. I obviously didn't make it there yesterday, and I am not thinking it's going to happen today. I am hopeful that I will be able to slip and slide down the driveway tomorrow for a WW meeting in the evening, and I will pair that up with a trip to the gym for sure. My goals in my tracker this week were to take multivitamins every day, which I have, to drink all my fluids, which I have, and to exercise for four hours, which I have not. But baby steps, right? Stay tuned for weigh-in news, hopefully tomorrow!

Make it a great day, everyone!

No comments: