My progress...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Week Two Weigh-In

Today marks the beginning of the second week of my on-line weight loss challenge.  I weighed in this week at 247 pounds, which was 2.8 pounds less than last week...not too bad for someone who has been watching her eating since January!  I am going to Pittsburgh in two weeks for my sister's graduation from the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University, and my goals is to be down a total of 30 pounds as of that date.  As of my weigh-in this week, I had lost 27.6 pounds!

I mentioned in my last post that my birthday was this week, and I planned to be lenient on myself for a day for celebratory purposes.  In reality, I didn't track my food in my calorie counter for two days...yesterday and today.  My actual birthday was on Thursday, and I did track my food that day.  I did treat myself to an oatmeal whoopie pie from the Amish bakery at the farmers' market, but I did stay within my calories for the day.

Yesterday started out with a trip to the dentist for my check-up and cleaning.  At this appointment, I found out that two of my fillings, which are less than a year old, have voids in them and need to be replaced.  I wasn't super upset about this at first, but the more I thought about it, the more sorry I felt for myself.  Anyway, the result of that is that instead of the salad I planned for lunch (the chef salad from Wawa...LOVE it!), I went to Dairy Queen and got chicken tenders and fries.  I also had more chocolate than I should have had that day.  I actually ended up feeling a little bit iffy from it in the afternoon.  My husband and I went out to dinner at Red Robin and then to a movie for our birthday date night.  At Red Robin, I got soup and the Whiskey River Barbecue Chicken Wrap, which is yummy (no fries because I got the combo).  My husband and I also split guacamole and salsa with chips.  I did not have any alcohol (stuck with a Diet Coke and water), and I also didn't have anything to eat at the movies (I did sneak in my Klean Kanteen full of water to drink during the movie).  I would call that day, for the most part, a mixed bag.  I kind of gave in to emotional eating (although, quite honestly, if it had not been my birthday week, Friday would be my one day off of the week and I would have eaten something similar to that for lunch).  I also ate more sweets than I should have.  However, I also didn't eat as much at dinner as I might have on my usual type of "free" day, and I drank plenty of water.  I also avoided any drinks with calories in them (such as the Freckled Lemonade at Red Robin, as well as beer or margaritas).

Today, I packed my lunch for work, but I knew that my amazing coworkers had planned to bring in food to celebrate for my birthday.  I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life that care enough about me to do this.  We had yogurt parfaits in the morning with fruit and granola, which were yummy.  We also had meatball sandwiches, Buffalo chicken dip (YUM!), brownies, and strawberry-rhubarb cake.  I think it goes without saying that my lunch that I packed is still in the fridge at work (waiting for my return tomorrow), and I ate some party foods!  However, because I indulged at lunch and also a few other times in the afternoon, I came home and had a Luna bar as a snack before bed and am skipping dinner.  I am not hungry (thanks to several trips back to the Buffalo chicken dip throughout the afternoon), and I know I am over my calorie goals for the day, so I am calling it a day.  I did drink plenty of water today though!

Another nice benefit of having hit this level of weight loss is that I have gotten some nice compliments from the people in my life.  My mom has mentioned several times how loose my clothing has become.  But even better, my coworkers have mentioned what a difference they can see in me.  A nice part of that is that it gives me an opportunity to talk about the changes I am trying to make, which makes it much easier to stick to my guns.  I know I mentioned how appreciative I am of my coworkers, and I really am.  It's so nice to have such a great support system at work, especially since I spend a good chunk of time there each week.

I am looking forward to seeing the results of my second week of the challenge!

Make it a great day, everyone!

No comments: