My progress...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My first WW gain...

Well, I did make it to a Weight Watchers meeting yesterday, but it was not my usual morning meeting. Instead, I attended a meeting at 7PM. Any woman who has ever owned a scale knows that a woman's weight in the morning is very different from a woman's weight in the evening, and not in a good way. Therefore, it was not a surprise to me that I had gained...0.6 pounds.

Now, this is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things, and I honestly don't care much about it. When I go back to my usual morning meeting next week, I am sure I will be pleased with my progress, as long as I work the program correctly. But the interesting thing is where my mind went when I heard that. I immediately thought, "Hmmm...maybe if I go to the bathroom one more time." I didn't act on that...I just went and took my seat instead. However, it's interesting how the mind just "goes there." It is the same reaction that has people weighing in in the same pants every week of the year, no matter what the weather, changing into shorts in the bathroom before their weigh in, or not eating or drinking anything before they get to their meeting. Obviously, waiting to eat for a 9:30AM weigh in, which is what I usually do, is different from starving yourself all day, and I certainly ate and drank yesterday. But the difference between those two scenarios can easily explain my 0.6 lb. weight gain, and I am reminding myself that the longterm results are more important than one week's weigh in.

Anyway, just some random thoughts there about the whole weigh in process and how it can kind of mess with your mind, whether you do it at home or in a doctor's office or in a meeting location...it's just another example of how learning to be healthy is a struggle against the tendency of some toward disordered eating. Make it a great day, everyone!


-- Post From My iPad

1 comment:

mama bee said...

Good luck getting out this week for a meeting and be careful! And I am totally one of those people that changes my clothes before a meeting. Shorts and a T-shirt. What can I say, I'm working on my # addiction!